Landscape Engineering Ltd Support Salford City Mayors Charter
Landscape Engineering Ltd are pleased to be part of whats happening in Salford !
Regeneration, local support and job opportunities are all part of what we do when delivering projects in the areas in which we work and we are looking forward to delivering work in the Salford Area. We are always keen to inform local people of our project delivery and hope to support the Neighbourhood Managers with the delivery of their work programmes.
Our social media sites are kept up to date and keep current projects live and in the public domain, please follow us if you want to be kept updated via our Twitter site @LandEngLtd
We are keen to see all our suppliers join the Mayors Charter and we hope to help roll out this effective and positive partnership. This will help to further improve the foundation of partnership working and togetherness that makes Salford such a great place to be.
We attach the web site details below that show how you can get involved.
|The Salford City Mayor’s Charter for Employment Standardswas launched in November 2013. The charter is designed to help raise employment standards for employees and businesses across the city.
We hope that businesses and employers across Salford will support the new charter and by working together we will promote social inclusion, drive economic growth and raise living standards in our city.
The charter contains a suite of pledges, focused in three categories:
- Putting Salford first: creating training and employment opportunities for Salford people, particularly those facing greatest disadvantage
- Buying in Salford: looking to purchase Salford goods and services at every practicable opportunity
- Setting the standard: promoting the adoption of the best possible working practices and conditions, such as working towards the introduction of a living wage, a commitment to eradicating the illegal practice of blacklisting and opposing the use of zero-hour contracts
Benefits for business
- Acknowledgement that an employer is committed to the highest employment standards and practices in the city
- Contributing to wider economic prosperity and sustainability in the city – helping to keep consumer and business spend in Salford
- Helping to demonstrate the quality of your business when seeking new business opportunities
- Publicity for employers acknowledging their support for the Charter or having been recognised as a Charter Mark holder
This will include:
- Entitlement to use the Charter Supporter or Charter Mark recognition on your website and company literature
- Your logo will appear on our website so that prospective employees, commissioners and customers can easily see who supports the Salford City Mayor’s Charter
- Opportunity to work with us on press coverage to promote your accreditation (Charter Mark holders only)
How to sign up
Employers working in the city will be encouraged to voluntarily sign up to the charter in two ways:
- Charter Supporter – employers can commit to or be working towards the pledges in the charter. This will be recognised through a certificate to share with their workforce. Applications can be made at any time by completing the Charter Supporter expression of interest form.
- Charter Mark – employers can apply for the entire Charter Mark or Categories 1 and 3 (Employer’s need to become a Charter Supporter before they can apply for the Charter Mark). Full accreditation demonstrates that an employer is committed to the highest employment standards in the city. Applications can be made by in the first instance by contacting Emma Nolan Commissioning Manager Skills and Work firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for accreditation are considered by an independent panel that will meet three times a year. The deadline for applications is 31 January 2017, 31 May 2017 and 30 September 2017.
- The city council and its partners wish to support businesses interested in achieving this Charter Mark and can offer assistance with local recruitment and selection, training and workforce development needs, access to the local supply chain and other business support services.