We’re hiring ! Work with Landscape Engineering Ltd.
We’re hiring new staff. Work with us at Landscape Engineering by joining our team.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity to become part of the team, please give us a call.
We are a North West based commercial landscaping company, established in 1989. We excel at providing high quality workmanship to Local Councils and schools in predominantly long term schemes. http://www.landscapeengineering.co.uk/projects/
Our safe, efficient and hardworking commitment to all contracts has created a firm reputation within the industry securing many repeat customers.
We believe it is imperative that we provide lots of training opportunities for all our staff to maximise skillsets, which in turn benefits the employees individually, our business and our customers collectively.
Job Title: Site Foreman
Contract: Permanent following 3 month probationary period
Location: Site based role (sites across North West) the office is based in Padiham.
Working Hours: 40 per week
Monday – Friday 07:00 – 16:00 (Inclusive of unpaid breaks)
Holidays: 29 days including bank holiday
Remuneration package: £10 – £12 per hour (depending on experience)
Opportunities for overtime
Bonus based on hours worked
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Landscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of a variety of landscape projects. The foreman is responsible for completing each project with great precision and business minded efficiency.
- Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
- Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
- Communicating production goals with crew members and clients.
- Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for required maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and manages landscape crew.
- Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Ensures that all equipment safely and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Interacts with clients in order to help ensure job satisfaction.
- Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work.
- Leads by example.
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
- Follows directions from supervisors.
- Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
- Communicates well with all crew members, supervisors, and clientele.
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Trains crew members the development in the best practices of installation in company standards.
- 1+ year experience
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Commercial Driver’s License (preferred) and reputable driving record
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
- Excellent attention to detail while working in fun & fast paced environment
- Verbal & written communications skills
- Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)
- Clean and professional appearance
- Punctual and dependable
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for the position of Site Foreman please submit your CV and a cover letter stating why you are interested in the position to:
Beverley Munday, Office Manager: email@example.com